POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : problem with poly object : problem with poly object Server Time
4 Aug 2024 00:24:11 EDT (-0400)
  problem with poly object
From: superbus
Date: 6 Sep 2003 15:30:01
Message: <web.3f5a3573cdbfef5d55a148e60@news.povray.org>
Hi,
I experinece an error in rendering of poly object. Blak pixel lines appear
on polys. Position of lines is dependent on camera position.
I found this bug described
here on news, but bug report does not give any solution of problem. Since it
is a long time ( bug report is from 1999), I want to ask if someone has any
idea
how to solve it or overcome it.

I know that I can use isosurface object as well, but it is about 5 to 10
times slower and much more memory expensive, so when I use many polys I
experience out_of_memory error. (My scenes have about thousands, or tens of
thousnads of polys)

-Is there a patch?
-Could this be cured by changing some parameters in polysolve.c file or
elsewhere?
-Does anybody know why it happens? (i.e. does the black line mean, that
roots were not found by rootfinder?)